Disclocure :Mylaptopguru is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You are a programmer, and you want to work in portrait mode, or someone has set your screen upside down to do a prank? It may happen when you plug in or remove an external monitor with your laptop, and you may just press the wrong key on keyboard, but now the laptop screen is rotated and is in portrait mode when the screen is in landscape (horizontal) view. You cannot even read ext without tilting your head or placing the monitor on its side. Now you want to know how to rotate screen in suitable view mode.
Assuming you have a rotatable display or a laptop display, you can easily rotate it 90 degrees or even 180 degrees to view the display, and in many cases also improve work efficiency. Whether you want to adjust the screen for a new device, or “stuck” it in the wrong direction and display everything in the landscape, you can flip the display to suit your needs. In this article, I will show you multiple ways to flip computer screen, and I am sure, after reading the full article, you will become an expert.
How to Rotate Screen in Windows 10:
Windows 10 includes a variety of methods to use the setting application and keyboard shortcuts, or to rotate the computer screen in portrait, landscape, or flip mode through the vendor’s graphical control panel software.
I am going to share an effortless way to rotate screen 90 degrees in windows 10, and for Windows 7, this technique applies to every modern version of Windows.
How to rotate the screen on Windows 10 or 7 using setting to rotate the display screen on Windows 10, right-click on the desktop, and select the “Display Settings” command. In Windows 7, right-click the “Screen Resolution” command.
On Windows 10, you will go to “Settings”> “System”> “Display” window. On Windows 7, you will eventually go to Control Panel> Appearance and Personalization> Display> Display Settings.
Under “Resolution,” find the “Orientation” option, click the drop-down menu below it, and then choose your preferred screen orientation-landscape, portrait, landscape (flip), or portrait (flip).
If you do not see the screen orientation option in Windows 10’s Settings app or Windows 7’s Control Panel, try updating your computer’s graphics driver. If the generic video driver you are using is not suitable for your computer’s graphics hardware, this option may be missing.
- Rotate a Screen through Keyboard in Windows
If your tablet, laptop, or desktop supports Windows, you can also use keyboard shortcuts to rotate the screen:
Important Note: rotate screen shortcuts may only apply to certain graphics cards. If it does not suit you, please use the “Settings” application option.
- Ctrl + Alt + up arrow – rotate to landscape mode.
- Ctrl + Alt + Down Arrow- Flip the screen up and down.
- Ctrl + Alt + right arrow – rotate the screen 90 degrees (right).
- Ctrl + Alt + Left Arrow – Rotate the screen 90 degrees (to the left).
- To return to the default direction, use Ctrl + Alt + Up Arrow keyboard shortcut.
- Rotate a Screen by using Graphics Control Panel:
Whether you are using an Intel, NVIDIA, or AMD graphics card, each vendor provides a control panel software to control all aspects of video settings, including the option to rotate the screen.
We focused these instructions on the NVIDIA control panel, but you can find similar options in the control panels provided by Intel and AMD.
To rotate the screen using the NVIDIA control panel, perform the following steps:
- Open the control panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Click on “NVIDIA Control Panel”.
- Under the “Display” section, click Rotate Display.
- Select the display (if applicable).
- Select the direction (or use the controls on the right).
- Click the Apply button.
- Rotate the monitor to the selected direction as needed.
- After completing these steps, the screen will switch to the direction you specified.
How to Flip Screen in Apple Mac Operating System:
On an Apple Macintosh laptop or computer, you can rotate the display very easily by performing the following simple steps.
- Open the system preferences application.
- While holding down the Command key, select the “Display” button.
- Select the spin-down menu.
- Select the desired direction.
- Exit the system preference application.
How To Rotate Screen On Chromebook?
To rotate the screen on a Chromebook, use the shortcut keys Ctrl + Shift + Refresh. Each time you press this shortcut, the screen will rotate 90 degrees clockwise.
How to Adjust Computer Screen Resolution:
The computer outputs the image you see on the monitor in the specified size, which is called “resolution”. High-resolution images are sharper and more apparent, but their elements appear smaller. In some cases, the computer may output images at a too high resolution, causing the monitor to fail to display correctly. If this happens, you will only see a small part of the desktop, and it will be very large-almost impossible to work.
- Right-click on a blank area of the desktop and select “Screen Resolution” from the menu. You may need to move an icon, depending on the number of visible desktops. The “screen resolution control panel” window will open. If you can’t see it, press Alt-Space, click the Down Arrow key four times, and then press Enter to maximize the window.
- Click the “Resolution” drop-down list box and select the resolution supported by the monitor. If “Recommended” is displayed next to one of the listed resolutions, select the resolution. Otherwise, it is best to use 1024 x 768 before you can visit the monitor manufacturer’s website to find out the recommended resolution.
- Click “Apply”. As the computer switches to the new resolution, the screen will flash. If the screen becomes black, please wait 15 seconds, it will return to the previous resolution.
- Click “Keep Changes,” then click “OK.”
How Do I Flip Back Screen to Normal?
Use the computer’s hotkey combination to switch the autoscreen rotate. The most common key combination is to press Ctrl + Alt and one of the arrow keys at the same time.
- The hotkey will rotate the screen-you need to rotate left (or right) twice to restore the upside-down image
- Has a fixed position-you will have four hotkeys, one in each direction. Ctrl + Alt + Up usually makes the screen display normally.
How Do I Fix Screen Rotation on Monitor Setting?
Your monitor can choose to restore to factory default settings. It can access through the display menu. Usually, you can access it using the menu button on the monitor. Browse the menu and select the default setting or factory reset option.
Press the button a few times, and everything should return to normal again, allowing you to continue the required work.
Pros. of a Vertical Monitor:
- The advantages of a vertical computer monitor are due to one thing: more space. Using a vertical monitor, developers can see more code. The vertical screen can preview 84 lines of code, while the horizontal view can preview 46 lines (up 82%). Some developers try to avoid large tilts by using two horizontal monitors and splitting the screen. Although this may work, you now have no more room to accommodate other open programs.
- Having a vertical screen makes eye movement more natural. For them, reading code is as easy as reading a book. When moving vertically, the pressure of the neck movement is also small.
- Just like seeing more code can increase productivity, seeing more features also means increased liquidity. Using the vertical screen, you can see three average-sized functions during coding, while in the vertical direction, you can see five. This change makes it easy to edit and maintain consistent functions.
Cons of Vertical Monitor:
- For most vertical screens, the ability to capture glare from the light source enhanced. This function is because the adjustment angle of the screen is smaller than the horizontal angle. The range of up and down movement is smaller than the corresponding range of left and right.
- Besides, a vertical computer monitor may cause the workstation to look asymmetrical. Some monitor manufacturers do not allow vertical screens because they lack reliability and uniformity. Developers can adjust their workstations to overcome this problem. By stacking two horizontal monitors, they can offset the height of a single vertical screen.
- Some developers are not used to using vertical monitors. In this case, they can easily fall into the trap of code smells. The technical cousins of the accompanying sentences pose difficulties for engineers and developers. When external developers view longer functions on a horizontal screen, they will hesitate to perform the changes. Because the function is so large that changing one element may have a negative effect on code buried elsewhere. Because vertical monitors allow more code, they may be tempted to create longer functions.
I have discussed different screen rotation options, and I hope now you know how to rotate screen. Some people like to use vertical screens due to the requirement of their work. On the other hand, gamers and bloggers may use a horizontal screen view. I also have discussed the Pros. And Cons. Of Horizontal and Verticle Computer Screens and tried my best to discuss all your queries. If you still have any queries regarding how to flip screen, then you can ask through comments. I feel excited to answer your questions and to help the visitors of my blog.